Ailen Cruz joined the firm in 2016 and focuses her practice on litigation and arbitration of business disputes and representation of clients in regulatory matters, with a focus on the financial services industry. Ailen represents brokerage firms, financial institutions, and their associated persons in the federal and state courts, in arbitration, and before the various agencies that regulate the securities industry, including FINRA, the SEC, and state regulatory agencies.
Ailen earned her law degree cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where she was a member of the Jessup Moot Court, was a teaching assistant for Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy, served as an ambassador for the Introduction to Law School and the Profession, was an officer in the Law Association for Women, and mentored underprivileged children through the Law Mentoring Program. She received the Book Award in the Human Side of Lawyering class and was inducted into Phi Delta Phi, an international legal honor society. Ailen interned with the Honorable Samantha Ward of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit and worked as an extern for Three Rivers Legal Services, serving the indigent population in Gainesville, Florida. Prior to attending law school, Ailen graduated cum laude from the University of Florida with a degree in English and a minor in Business Administration.
Ailen has been very involved in the community, serving as President of the Board of Directors of Tampa Crossroads, Inc., a local nonprofit, from 2018-2020. She also previously served on the Board of Directors for the Carrollwood Area Business Association. She is fluent in written and spoken Spanish. Ailen was selected to the 2018-2019 Tampa Connection class.
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers, Young Lawyers Division Committee Member 2020
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Securities Law Section 13th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Representative 2018-2019
- American Bar Association
- Southeastern Women in Financial Services
- Crossroads for Florida Kids, Attorney ad litem
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2013
- B.A., English, cum laude, University of Florida, 2010
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Tampa Crossroads, Inc. Board of Directors, Member 2014-Present, President 2018-2020
- Carrollwood Area Business Association, Member 2013-2016, Board Member 2014
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Recognition for Pro Bono Service 2019 (50+ hours of pro bono service)
- Tampa Connection Class, 2018-2019
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Leadership Institute Class, 2017-2018
- Book Award, Human Side of Lawyering, University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Recipient, Merit Scholarship, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2010-2013